Hair Replacement Systems for men, women and children
At Ribí, we offer hair replacement services and systems in the form of customised wigs, medical wigs, top or crown pieces, and hair pieces for men, women and children.
Bespoke wig making services
- A hair prosthesis (or cranial prosthesis) is a custom-made wig specifically designed for patients who have lost their hair as a result of medical conditions or treatments, such as alopecia areata, alopecia totalis, trichotillomania, chemotherapy, or any other clinical disease or treatment resulting in hair loss. The terminology is used when applying for medical insurance or tax deduction status.
- Doctors have been prescribing these prostheses since the 1950s. Cranial prostheses also help to protect disease-weakened immune systems from the sun, and to regulate body temperature.
- Cranial hair prostheses have advanced due to technology. A cranial hair prosthesis is different from a regular wig. Cranial hair prosthesis is done in several steps that include the taking of the cranial perimeter mold to achieve a perfect fit. The mold is done at the base where the hair is attached. The base is made using a hypoallergenic fabric because people having chemotherapy are usually very sensitive to any material, and their scalp is prone to allergies. The same is done when applying the hair to the base. The technique used to attach the hair is focused on avoiding that the knotting touches the scalp
- In the vast majority of situations in which a custom wig is necessary due to medical-related therapies such as chemotherapy treatment, your medical card will cover most, or all, of the costs involved. Health insurance usually covers this as well, however, the exact coverage will depend upon your individual policy. Make sure you contact your insurance provider to see what is covered and what is not. Financial coverage is usually not an issue for those with medical-related needs, however, should you experience a problem with your financial coverage, the Irish Cancer Society can help.
- Wig maintenance and repairs services.
The Ribi hair replacement specialists and cranial prosthesis specialists offer customised wigs, top pieces, hair integration systems and toupees for women , children and men
Are you undergoing chemo treatment and haven’t been given a choice of what wig to go for?
Contact HNBC hair loss clinic for a wide range of wigs to choose from and the option to have a custom wig made for you. All these can be covered if you have a medical card or health insurance .